Smartwear, specifically smartwarches, I am going to check it out.
It seems I have just gotten the bit of inspiration I needed to get involved with it.
Also, makes for a nice new years resolution. So here it goes.
So the plan will be to see what is involved in making an app or an app face for a smartwatch.
Here are my recent findings.
- Watches are still a bit on the expensive side.
- I have to figure out how to get one to be able to develop on one.
(even pebble is $99).
- watch “face” apps seem to be popular.
- Unfortunately the watch that I would want for my brother is only water proof for a meter of water and for not too long time. (also $250).
- Apple will be coming with one soon. Don’t know how expensive.
- Samsung is going with new OS tizen not android.
here are some links FYI to get started.
I hope you find it useful. This will serve to track/document my progress or lack of it. I welcome comments, questions, information, your own experience, and inspirations. Thank you. Luis Fonseca
Next Post: Pebble